Pilot Project „Renewable energy and Regional development“
Energy savings measures were also a part of the boiler-rooms reconstruction in primary school in Klokocov and kindergarten in Luky. In Klokocov, there were also new district heating among particular building and other measures of energy efficiency projected and realized by VVÚPS–NOVA, Ltd. Bratislava. These measures contained thermal insulation of the school building, windows and doors replacement, and reconstruction of inner heating system. This task was financed by state budget of the Slovak Republic.
Project started in 2000 and it was realized in several phases.
Project content in Klokocov:
- Liquidation of the previous boiler-room (output 660 kW), located in Primary school. It heated building of primary school, gym, dining room and two housing units.
- Installation of the new boiler-room, located in primary school, utilizing biomass combustion with total output 725 kW - heating started in October 2000.
- Liquidation of the previous boiler-room (output 250 kW), located in Municipal office. It heated building of municipal office and its premises and is connected to DH in December 2001.
- Construction of new DH network among particular buildings connected to boiler-room.
- Realization of energy efficiency measures leading to the energy savings in Primary school building.
Energy savings in Primary school building: 50% compared to previous status. Old windows (replaced with new-plastic) caused 40% of total energy losses (as measured by VVÚPS – NOVA).
Total costs for heating of the school building have dropped about one half compared to the time before boiler-room reconstruction and energy efficiency measures realization. Thence, new biomass heating contributed by 50% and insulation measures by 50%.
There were almost zero values of sulphur oxide measured out in 2001. Values of nitrogen oxide, carbon oxide and amount of solid waste and fly ash have dropped significantly. Besides, no over plus of carbon dioxide is generated by wood combustion.
|Project partners:||› BIOMASA|
|Keywords:||best practice, bioenergy, biomass, CHP, demo project, renewable energy, wood combustion|
|Demoproject type:||Pilot plant|
|Start up dates:||planning: 2011; construction: 2011; operation/commissioning: 2011|
|Feedstocks of current use:||wood|
|Thermal efficiency:||90 %|
|Thermal capacity:||725 kW|
|Total budget:||0,336000 mil. EUR|
|Incentive type:||public grants, state subsidy, private|
|Positive experiences:||<p>Experiences and results of two years boiler-rooms operation are the evidence, that the goals of the projects have been achieved. The project serves as excellent practical demonstration of biomass utilization.|
Results and experiences:</p>
<li>Only integrated project of school building renewal leads to significant energy savings </li>
<li>Contribution of several organisation and project joining </li>
<li>50 % heating cost reducing (½ insulation and windows replacement, ½ biomass combustion and regulation) </li>
<li>Energy savings measures have led to over plus of installed boiler output </li>
<li>Significant emission reduction </li>
<li>Efficiency and trouble free operation is direct proportional to fuel quality </li>